Week Eighteen Vocabulary
January 11- January 15, 2010
Your spelling and vocabulary test will be on Friday, January 15 . You will be responsible for knowing how to spell each word correctly and the definition for each word.
1. Axis- an imaginary line that passes from the north pole to the south pole through Earth’s center.
2. First Quarter moon- moon phase in which the right half of the moon is illuminated.
3. Full moon- moon phase in qhich the entire moon is illuminated
4. High tide- the time of hight water. Tides are caused by the gravitational pull between the Earth and moon.
5. Last quarter moon- moon phase in which the left half of the moon is illuminated.
6. Low tide- the time of low water.
7. Moon phase- the changes in how the moon looks to people on Earth
8. New moon- moon phase in which none of the moon is illuminated
9. Orbit- the path that one object in space takes around another object in space.
10. Revolutions- one complete trip of a planet around the sun
11. Rotate- the spinning of a planet or moon on its axis
12. Seasons- teh four natural divisions of the year, spring, summer, fall, and winter.